what is a pretty URL?
Simply put it’s a short web address that points to your page. When you create your page the URL is made up of a long string of letters and numbers, too many for the average person to remember off-hand. A pretty URL looks something like this http://www.facebook.com/Covenant.Hosting
Why should you get a pretty URL?
- It makes it easier to find you. Ever been told “look me up on Facebook” only to find there are hundreds of pages with the same name of the business you’re searching for. You could make this a key place for your brand to live at.
- You can put it on a business card… or poster or write it on the back of an envelope; just about anywhere really.
- It’s consistent. Our URL on Twitter and our Facebook is the same
- So someone else doesn’t steal your name! Bad form? Yep, very but it’s unlikely that it’s illegal.
- Lastly, it’s free. It doesn’t cost you anything to register your name RIGHT NOW. Why not go do it, just on the off-chance you might want it in the future.
How do I get a pretty URL?
To get yours you first need to choose a username. Your business name is a good place to start but if that’s been taken don’t worry, you could add your location to then end of your business name or be creative and use a word or short phrase that’s related to your business. Generic words like restaurant, pizza etc. are not available and the only requirement is that your page has a minimum of 25 fans.
Just go to http://facebook.com/username to sign up for your username before someone else does.
Siliconrepublic.com. Facebook to Make Profile URL Usernames and Email Handles the Same. PCWorld. This rule will not apply to people who had previously activated a Facebook.com email address. Both customizing your profile URL and activating your Facebook.com email address are optional. However there is concern that for users who enable both Facebook email and timeline addresses will mergeComputer Business Review. Facebook rolls out merged email and Timeline addressesMemeburn. all 22 news articles.…